AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE AND REPAIRS
Most manufacturers recommend split systems and ducted air conditioning systems be serviced by a professional at least every 12 months and possibly more often for systems that are used regularly. Much like the family car needs scheduled maintenance, so does your air conditioning system.
An air conditioning system that is not properly maintained becomes a haven for mould, bacteria insects and rodents, all of which not only damage your air conditioner, but reduce the air quality in your home. This kind of poor air quality can aggravate asthma, eczema and cause allergies.
Possible benefits of regular service of your air conditioning system include:
- System runs more efficiently
- Reduced running costs
- Prevention of a reduction in performance
- Improved air quality within the home or office
- Reduced risk of water leaks damaging interior walls, ceilings and furniture
- Improved longevity of air conditioning equipment
Tip! It is also important to remove return air filters for cleaning at least once a month during times of use. This can be done by vacuuming or washing the filter and allowing it to dry before re-fitting. If the filter becomes thin, it is important to have it replaced to prevent dust passing through and into the air conditioner. We can arrange to fit a new filter for you or simply call us to have a replacement posted out.
If you have not had your air conditioner serviced in quite a while, or for those really tough jobs where there is mould or build up, ask about a specialised product we can provided called Aerisguard, which is endorsed by the Asthma Foundation. (Here is a link for information on Aerisguard)
What we do during a Air Conditioning Service
- Check gas charge, pipe work and pipe insulation for damage and refrigerant leaks
- Check fan motors, bearing and belts for damage and wear or unusual noises and vibrations
- Clean and check return filters for wear and tear
- Check compressor, sump heater and components
- Check ductwork (on ducted systems)
- Check evaporator and condenser coils
- Inspect wiring, connections, PC boards controllers, remote controls and sensors
- Clean and remove general debris from within systems
Commercial systems usually require more regular maintenance as they are operating more often than home systems. We can arrange monthly, quarterly, or twice yearly plans tailored to suit any office needs.